We have weekly meeting every Tuesday at 1-2pm. Come to B-16 Fuller Laboratory, where we have a projector and a huge whiteboard wall.
Subscribe to our mailing list for our meeting updates.
Also, if you have something to share / show off in the meeting, please contact Mia (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a talk.
2018 A Term
We will start the meeting with project updates (~1 min for everybody).
- Stats Series - bayes vs frequentisr.
- Stats Series - deeper bayes.
2018 C Term
- Mia Feng presented an InfoVis paper - MyBrush: Brushing and Linking with Personal Agency. Paper
2017 B Term (Bertin Term)
- Mia Feng talked about a paper from VIS this year – “Warning, Bias May Occur: A Proposed Approach to Detecting Cognitive Bias in Interactive Visual Analytics” from Wall et al.
- Discussed about the talk schedule for the rest of B term.
- Kartik Vasu gave a talk about “Visualizing User-interaction Logs”.
- Alex Dyer gave his next talk on Splunk – “Getting Data into Splunk”
- Shijian Li gave us a talk about “Emotion and Data Visaulization”
- Alex Dyer gave the next presentation in his Splunk Series – “I’ve got a dashboard, now what?”
- Hamid Mansoor presented one of the cool papers from IEEE VIS 2017 - Active Reading of Visualizations.
- We discussed about setting up a bibliography management system for the lab.
- Alex Dyer gave his 3rd presentation in the Splunk Series this term - Event Types, Reports, and General Questions.
- Heric Flores us a talk on Cyber Security Network Anomaly Detection and Visualization.
2017 A Term
- Mia Feng gave a talk about her summer internship in the Visual Analytics group at PNNL.
- Hamid Mansoor had a practice talk on his upcoming paper presentation in DECISIVe (paper accepted yay).
- Hamid Mansoor gave a 10-min practice pitch of his upcoming paper about literacy and visualization biases
- Hamid Mansoor discussed some of the design decisions in his upcoming literacy + visualization experiment
- Mia Feng gave a 10-min pitch about her side project on visualizing memes. (That’s right– memes.)
- Alex Dyer gave a tutorial on “Searching in Splunk – How to use Splunk query language to find the data you need.”
- Hamid Mansoor gave the next iteration of his upcoming paper talk on Bias, Literacy, and Visualization
- Russ Davis shared “Introducing Uncertainty Visualization to Uncertain Medical Data”
- Cancelled due to CHI deadline.
- Hamid Mansoor gave another iteration of the DECISIVe talk.
- Mia Feng gave a practice talk of her upcoming presentation in the VIS doctoral colloquium.
- Cancelled due to the VIS conference.
- B-term planning: Discussed our B-term plans.
- We named it “Bertin-term”.